Gone are the days that we do a couple of samples, confirm the house has a mould issue, provide a general report that could apply to almost any house, and pass the buck to a remediator. Your job is far more complicated than that.
WHY DO THE MOULD TESTING REFRESHER COURSE?
Prerequisite: successfully completed the Mould Testing subject
The most significant challenge we face as the industry grows is to ensure graduates are providing best practice when it comes to assessing water-damaged buildings. The ACES refresher course has been developed to address common issues faced by mould testing technicians and building biologists such as under-sampling, inconsistent lab interpretation, failure to identify the cause of the problem and/or provide specific instructions on how to get the property back to a pre-damaged state. We believe benchmark standards and consistency amongst our members can be achieved by using a Mould App and undertaking ongoing training in order to deal with the growing number of complaints (to ACES and ASBB) from clients regarding significant inconsistences in the way graduates assess WDB. The course consists of five online zoom sessions on Monday evenings in May PLUS one day field training (see dates below).
- Are you frustrated with the time it takes to write reports?
- Are you confident interpretating lab reports when outdoor samples are high?
- Would you like to know the most common pitfalls technicians make in their work that leads to complaints?
- Are you concerned you have not kept up to date with the research, technology or skills to assess a water-damaged building?
- Would you benefit from participating in more field training?
- Has it been 3 year or more years since you completed the course?
- Do you lack the confidence to assess a home?
- Would you like a free listing to advertise your business on ACES website?
This course will cover the following:
- Common pitfalls mould assessors make that result in complaints to the association and increase their risk of litigation
- Update on the latest health issues associated with water-damaged buildings
- Structured step-by-step approach to test WDB using a Mould App that will dramatically save time writing reports
- Laboratory interpretation – control versus reference method; how to analyse the results when the outdoor samples are high.
- Equipment review to save time moisture mapping
- How to identify the Condition of the room from air and surface samples
- Complex case studies (group discussion)
You will receive:
- Access to trial the Mould App
- Latest Mould Testing Manual (2023)
- Free listing to promote your business on the ACES website referral page*
- CPD points to maintaining currency with the Australasian Society of Building Biologists (ASBB)
- Digital ID card (ACES Certified Mould Testing Technician) (3-year expiry)
Assessment: online quizzes and Mould Report (using the App software)
Dates: 1st to 29th May 2023 (6.30 to 9.30pm) PLUS one day field training (choose ONE of the following):
- Sunday 23rd July (Sydney)
- Sunday 30th July (Melbourne)
- Sunday 15th October (Sydney)
- Sunday 29th October (Adelaide)
- Sunday 5th November (Gold Coast)
Investment: $597 Pay HERE.
*Only graduates who undertake the training will be eligible to be listed on the ACES website
For more information on this course, call us on 1300 889 845 or email email@example.com.